1. Every pupil needs a duly registered school I.D. during the current school year.
2. The school I.D. is non-transferable. A pupil caught using the I.D. of another shall be referred to the Principal for disciplinary action.
3. An I.D. is required when borrowing both print and non-print materials. The library adopts for overnight loan the No I.D., No book policy.
4. Schedule for overnight loan borrowing and returning is as follows:
|Grades 1,2 & K2||Grades 1,2 & K2|
|9:30-10:00 & 11:00-12:00||7:00-12:00|
|K1,Grades 3 to 6 and DKLC||K1,Grades 3 to 6 and DKLC|
5. To avoid overdue fines, books should be returned the following school days as scheduled, unless declared as non-working days due to typhoon, school functions, etc.
6. Loan privileges:
A. A pupil may borrow two books at a time:
1 reference book for overnight
1 fiction or storybook for 1 week
7. How to borrow books?
A. Overnight/Fiction Books
> Find out if the book needed is available.
> If available, let it be checked out using your account b presenting the book and you school ID duly registered during the current school year.
> Wait for the receipt to be issued by the librarian.
> Keep the receipt inside the book pocket for future purposes.
> Since the GSLRC adopts the open-shelf system, pupils are free to browse books from the shelves. After reading, pupils must return any material to its proper location.
8. How to return books?
> Present the book to the Librarian together with the receipt.
> Wait until the Librarian check-in the book and the receipt issued upon check-out of the book is stamped with CLEARED.
9. Lost Books
> Loss of a book must be reported immediately to the Librarian to avoid accumulation of fines. A lost book must either be replaced with the same copy or paid according to its value + 20% of its cost as processing fee.
10. Damaged Books
> So that the rights of others maybe protected, those who have caused damage to or mutilated a book will be assessed for the full cost of the book. The damaged book however remains the possession of the GSLRC.
> Overdue materials are charged with overdue fines:
Reference Book P1.00/book/day
> Overdue fines are to be paid to the Librarian. A logbook for overdue fines is provided for record purposes. All collections made by the librarian are remitted to the Accounting Office.
> Lost books assessed by the librarian are to be paid to the Accounting Office.
> A pupil’s library privileges are suspended until his/her library obligations are settled.
12. Other Information
> Courtesy demands observation of the following within the GSLRC premises:
NO LOITERING and LITTERING.
REMOVE HATS WHEN INSIDE.
NO CHEWING OF BUBBLE GUM.